DIY Lace Lantern
November 7th, 2013
I love coming up with themes for parties and I always try to be as creative as possible! One of my all time favourite themes that I came up with was for a baby shower that I was helping decorate! The theme was lavender and lace and it was the perfect mix of fun and elegance. However, as great as the idea was… I quickly found out that it wasn’t going to be easy finding decor in this theme. So, that is why I love DIY so much, it allows you to take your creative ideas and make them come to life!
Here’s how I made custom DIY Lace Lanterns that were certainly a big hit at the party!
What you will need:
– round lanterns (from dollar store)
– tissue paper (colour to match your theme)
– stretch lace (www.fabric.com)
– fabric scissors
1. Lay the lantern on it’s side with openings horizontal. Wrap the tissue paper around it and tuck it into the openings.
2. Tape the tissue paper in place onto the side of the lantern
3. Try to get the tissue paper to lay as flat as possible around the lantern by tucking it in tightly under the wire openings.
4. Remove any excess tissue paper and staple the tissue paper in place. Watch your fingers!
5. Repeat until there is a good coverage of tissue paper around the lantern
6. Follow the same process with the layer of lace
7. Attach a piece of string and hang the lantern in place
Ta- dah… all done!
Oh how I love lanterns… they instantly add such a fun and intriguing element to any party!
I wish I could leave them up all the time…